Students Rights and Reponsibilities
We, the Laurelhurst Community, share responsibility for all students achieving at high levels, in an environment that:
- promotes acceptance of diversity
- fosters respect, support, and security
- encourages individual empowerment, leadership, and risk taking
- provides meaningful learning through relevant experiences
Laurelhurst Student Rights and Responsibilities
- I have the right to be valued, respected, and accepted in this school.
I have the responsibility to be considerate and tolerant of others.
- I have the right to express my feelings, opinions, and ideas.
I have the responsibility to use quality language to show respect, and to listen to others’ ideas.
- I have the right to learn and study in a quiet, productive environment.
I have the responsibility to work independently or in cooperation with others and do the best I can.
- I have the right to be safe while traveling to and from school during the school day.
I have the responsibility to be careful and to use self-control.
- I have the right to use school supplies and equipment and my personal property.
I have the responsibility to use the supplies, equipment, and property correctly.