My name is Cheryl Manor and I am the School Counselor at Laurelhurst Elementary. I am excited to be part of the Laurelhurst community. I split my time between 2 schools. I am here all day Tuesdays & Fridays, and alternating Wednesdays.
My direct number is 206-252-5435 or you can email me at email@example.com. I am often in groups or working with students so please leave me a message and I will try to respond in a timely manner. I check my messages and email throughout the day.
The role of the school counselor is to partner with students, families and staff in order to provide support and resources to meet the needs of our families.
School Counselors can provide support in many ways, including but not limited to:
- Small groups to increase skills
- Short term consultation / support
- Classroom lessons
- Assistance during a family crisis or transitions
- Community resources / referrals
- Teaming with families and school staff to help support students in reaching academic and behavioral goals
How and Why do Parents Contact the School Counselor?
- Social / Emotional concerns
- Concerns over student achievement
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Early discussion of potential crises
- Family difficulties or concerns
- Family health problems
- Parents can call the school counselor at any time for a phone conference or to set up a school visit.
How Does a Student See a Counselor?
- Teacher or other staff referral
- Request of a counselor
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Referral by friends
I look forward to working together towards a happy and successful year!
T & F, alternating W
Counselor Hazel Wolf
M & Th
DSHS Application (pdf)
Working Connections Child Care