Welcome to the Laurelhurst Library
The library program at Laurelhurst offers over 10,000 titles ranging from easy readers and fiction chapter books, to biographies and an extensive selection of non-fiction. The library works with the teachers to help incorporate their curriculum into library time and provide resources for that curriculum. The library also works closely with the computer lab to plan curriculum projects for each of the classes and to integrate technology.
Regular class times are once a week for 40 minutes. The library schedule has blocks of time Monday through Friday for small group projects across all grade levels.
Some of the skills taught in the library include:
- Using Destiny Discover to find books on the server
- Ability to find books on the shelves
- Research using trade books, and the internet
- Research using the Big 6 traits
- Using search engines on the internet and successfully gathering information
- Exposure to the many different topics and genres in the library
Art Explorers Gallery Page
- Take a look at the “Monsters” the students created after studying Maurice Sendak
- Check out the portraits and background design the students created after studying Kehinde Wiley
- Check out the art students created using materials found in nature.
- Visit the Laurelhurst Art Explorers PTA Website to view art
How to put a book on hold
Do you want to check out items from Seattle Public Library?
Don’t have a Seattle Public Library card? Click on Library Link to learn how to log into the SPL website to check out books, movies, and music.
Instagram # bearsthatread