School Counselor: Emily Rosen
My name is Emily Rosen and I am the School Counselor at Laurelhurst Elementary. I am excited to be part of the Laurelhurst community!
I can be reached at 206-252-5436 or email@example.com. I am often in classrooms, working with students, or in meetings throughout the school day. I check my messages and email regularly and will try to respond in a timely manner.
The role of the school counselor is to partner with students, families and staff in order to provide support and resources to meet the needs of our families.
School Counselors can provide support in many ways, including but not limited to:
- Small groups to increase student skills
- Short term student consultation / support
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Assistance during a family crisis or family transitions
- Community resources / referrals
How and Why do Parents Contact the School Counselor?
- Social / Emotional concerns
- Behavior concerns
- Student Achievement / Academic concerns
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Early discussion of potential crises
- Family difficulties or concerns
- Family health problems
How Does a Student See a Counselor?
- Teacher or school staff referral
- Counselor request
- Parent or family referral
- Peer referral
I look forward to working together towards a happy and successful year!